Visitor Messages vs Personal Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Messages vs Personal Message

What's the difference between Visitor Messages and Personal Messages? I seem to get confused with these a fair bit and am also wondering if others have had the same challenge with trying to communicate privately with others.

Yep, very confusing, don't do a visitor message if I can help it.
    gene
    1960 109 w/ 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

Visitor messages get posted publicly on a member’s profile page, where they sit unnoticed until someone happens to wander over to that member’s profile page and sees the visitor message, whereas a Private message gets sent directly to a member’s private inbox whereby an email is then sent to the member, letting them know someone’s sent them a private message.
      —Mark

1973 SIII 109 regular w/2.5NA Diesel

When you’re dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you’re stupid.
      —Philippe Geluck

Comment

It sure is a strange feature, I've never understood the appeal? It just seems to confuse people.
        -Matt
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Yes, I agree it's an odd feature.

Comment

Agree, I just mixed up the two replying to GiftShopDuane..
            sigpic
            '72 Series III 88"
            '85 d90 2.5NA
            '74 TR6

Comment

Working...
            X