New thread topic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New thread topic?

Not sure I have the right title for this thread.

This forum is Guns and Rovers, however there seems to be more than a few members who like to fish, or folks like me who are complete noobs to freshwater fishing(I live by the ocean).

I would like to learn more about fresh water fishing and rather than start a Fish and Rovers Forum can this forum do a separate category (sticky?) for fish stuff?

Should we? Poll is open for a week.

yes
    77.78%
    Whacha talking 'bout , Willis?
    11.11%
    no
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

gene
    1960 109 w/ 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Not into fishing but it sure isn’t objectionable. As long as it’s not politics.

Comment

Originally posted by series guy View Post
      Not into fishing but it sure isn’t objectionable. As long as it’s not politics.
      Same here, now if we're talking hunting, that would be a different story.
      Visit my store to get your Rover T-Shirts!
      Like us on FaceBook: Andy the Landy Store on Facebook
      Protagonist of the YCHJCYA5DDTMMHF Club PM me for how to join

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help. ' "
      Ronald Reagan

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Hello from Brisbane.

In Kenneth Graham’s charming book Wind in the Willows there is the classic line from Ratty that there’s nothing finer than messing about with boats - or something along those lines. I heartily agree with the sentiment but equally extend it to standing in or near running water - unless it’s your basement flooding…..

So, an angling section would be a worthy addition to the topic arena. Thanks for taking the initiative.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Guns and Rovers and Dappling.
          Put your phone down and drive. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

Great suggestion Gene. It will good to have a forum you can rely on for honesty, integrity and truth telling.
            Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. - John Parker

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” ― Daniel Webster

Comment

Not exactly an overwhelming tunout......9 votes total. Only 1 nay. So I'm thinking a dedicated thread isn't necessary, but questions will be tolerated..
              gene
              1960 109 w/ 200TDI
              rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

I'm a bit late to reply here, but my boys and I are at the bottom end of the fishing learning curve. We fish salt and fresh, depending on mood. The other day we caught what I think is a large mouth bass, but I'm kind of clueless. We always take the Rover fishing, because my wife doesn't want her car to smell like fish. We catch and release at this point, but I see her point.

Add my vote to the yes side of things. I'll be lurking till i learn enough to add content.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                '73 S3 88"
                '87 110 garden shed

Comment

I would have voted Yes if I saw this sooner.

Comment

Hello again.

I’m happy to vote twice if it will help get the numbers up….

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Working...
                    X