Trouble loading pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble loading pics

Wondering if it's my connection or the site?

When loading pic in the upload to server phase; after a while I get a grayed out tab with what looks like a sad faced file image. I can do nothing on that page, not cancel, not refresh, not scroll, nothing. I have to go to the back arrow on my browser and use it. I can see that the sad face says file missing or something like that. Is my connection too slow and it's timing out? I got 2 out of 6 tries uploaded, the first one went fine the second loaded on the third try, I gave up on the rest. Oh I used the picture icon located above the text box.

gene
    1960 109 w/ 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Hello from Brisbane.

I seem to have success uploading pictures more often than no success using a laptop - but the other way around with an iPhone.

Generally, using the upload attachment tab and browse for the laptop or photos for the iPhone the uploads are successful. The place for slips twixt cup and lip is the next bit which involves placing the cursor in the spot where the picture is meant to go - before going to the uploads and selecting the required size. Using the iPhone getting the cursor to stay where you want it before going to select the size seems to be an irregular challenge. Works most of the time with a laptop.

One other small irk that I have with editing with an iPhone is that once you select Preview it isn’t possible to cancel out and go back to the editor - seem to have to hit Post and then edit the posted text if you want to change something that you picked up in Preview.

Daresay there is some simple basis for that.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Test on desktop PC using image already on server...

—Mark

1973 SIII 109 regular w/2.5NA Diesel

When you’re dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you’re stupid.
      —Philippe Geluck

Comment

Test on desktop PC using image stored on computer...

—Mark

When you’re dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you’re stupid.
        —Philippe Geluck

Comment

Test from iPhone using image already on server…
          —Mark

—Philippe Geluck

Comment

Test from iPhone using image stored on iPhone…

—Mark

—Philippe Geluck

Comment

I dunno Gene...I can't reproduce your results. No issues here.
              —Mark

—Philippe Geluck

Comment

Hi.

I’m sure it works most of the time - for several weeks now it’s been generally fine.

I still do find posting photos using the iPhone a bit of a hit and miss process - encountered again today in another thread.

The problem that I’m encountering is largely starting with a piece of text, then wanting to insert a photo, then adding more text. When the problem is encountered it is usually that a photo had been inserted but the cursor can’t be placed below it to restart new text etc.

Anyway, these are first world problems I suppose.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by SafeAirOne View Post
                  I dunno Gene...I can't reproduce your results. No issues here.
                  Thanks Mark, I suspect it's my slow internet speed, and timing out. It is taking around 90 sec to upload. Maybe I need smaller pics.
                  gene
                  1960 109 w/ 200TDI

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

In-line test…

Click image for larger version  Name:	488708FC-0DFF-4D72-A653-987B24F467B0.png Views:	0 Size:	51.8 KB ID:	196265
                    Last edited by SafeAirOne; 09-25-2021, 10:12 AM.
                    —Mark

—Philippe Geluck

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel
                      Maybe I need smaller pics.
                      Holy cow—-We all need smaller pics!!! I just uploaded that last 7.2Mb test pic. Everyone must be uploading huge pics—we just got notification from out web hosts that we’ve used up 80% of our storage on the server (most likely posting these huge images)…

…I hope there’s a setting on the G&R control panel that lets us limit pic upload size!
                      —Mark

—Philippe Geluck

Comment

I know there is a size selection option, I usually chose large. I find thumbnails too small to view. Shouldn't the software have an auto resizing feature so my I dunno 20M pixel gets resized to fit the needs of the forum? That's how I thought it worked, but heck I didn't know ARB owned OME.......
                        gene
                        1960 109 w/ 200TDI

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel View Post
                          Shouldn't the software have an auto resizing feature so my I dunno 20M pixel gets resized to fit the needs of the forum? That's how I thought it worked, but heck I didn't know ARB owned OME.......
                          That’s how I thought it worked…I just can’t imagine how else such a small site could use up 80%+ of the allotted storage space on the server otherwise.
                          —Mark

—Philippe Geluck

Comment

Working...
                          X