Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping

Been pricing out various small to medium sized parts from different overseas vendors (UK). Has there been a change in the cost to ship stuff?
    Erik

1970ish exMOD 109

We need to order a container full.
    Phone or Drive, Not Both. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

I don't know if it has changed the cost of shipping to the US but the UK has been affected by the whole Brexit thing. There is a lack of lorry drivers meaning that logistics companies are having to pay those with an HGV license more money to retain them. I have no doubt this is passed on to the customer in some form. The other aspect is that there is now a lot more paperwork to complete to ship UK items abroad as they are no longer part of the EU system and its trade agreements. The extra paperwork may not apply to US shipments directly but it does mean that shipping departments and customs are much more busy thus slowing everything down and making it more expensive.

We were told there was an oven ready trade deal with the US just ready for the signing. It turns out that Bojo the Clown seems to be having trouble peeling the tin foil off his TV dinner.

Comment

I used to buy quite a few parts on Ebay-UK. I've noticed that more and more sellers will not ship to the US. I've assumed that it had become too much of a PITA to do so. This pretty much confirms that thought.
        Jim
        64 88 2.5 NAD 2a What would I do with all my spare time if I didn't own a Rover?

Comment

I had a tough time finding tires for my motorcycle, my top 3 choices were not available. Finally bought some on Revzilla, they were in KY and were supposed to be here last Sunday, then Monday. By Monday the tracking showed them in Jeffersonville, IL with a big DELAYED notice, now they are in Ottawa, KS and no promised delivery date.
          gene
          1960 109 w/ 200TDI
          rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by Forester View Post
            I used to buy quite a few parts on Ebay-UK. I've noticed that more and more sellers will not ship to the US. I've assumed that it had become too much of a PITA to do so. This pretty much confirms that thought.
            Jim
            I've noticed that when UK sellers do sell abroad, they ship to eBay who then processes and ships the order (or so I've been told be eBay-UK sellers). Unfortunately, though eBay claims "expedited delivery", it's slow and MUCH more expensive than it used to be, just a few months ago. If you can get the seller to ship directly to you (not through the eBay system), it'll save you both time and money, though most won't.

Mark
            1960 Series II SWB Station Wagon

Comment

I’ve ordered quite a few items from Paddocks and Exmoor - been very pleased with delivery timelines, especially from Paddocks. If I order on Sunday night - most stuff will arrive on Wednesday or Thursday - DHL. Believe it helps to be close to O’Hare - again, very happy with timelines and cost.

Cheers
              chris

Comment

I just ordered some parts from Bearmach. The shipping cost raised about $8-10 from last time I ordered from the UK. Last order was about 6 months ago or less.

Comment

While I haven't placed an order within the last 6 months, there were several orders just prior to that. Consistently, I could place an order from Rimmer Bros, and often LR Direct and get it cheaper and quicker than ordering from almost anyone in the US. Also, I've seen the same sellers, selling the same parts on eBay and Amazon. For different prices (like 20% + different)

Comment

Originally posted by conrad1468 View Post
                    I just ordered some parts from Bearmach. The shipping cost raised about $8-10 from last time I ordered from the UK. Last order was about 6 months ago or less.
                    Conrad,
                    thanks for confirming. Bearmach was one of the vendors whose shipping seemed to go up. In addition, they had a few items the pricing schedule didn’t make sense when looking at other vendors. Paddocks seemed ok but less inventory than I remembered.

Switching attention over to the long neglected muscle car project for the time being..
                    Erik

1970ish exMOD 109

Comment

Xplitive & Hackeyed1,
                      I only ordered from Bearmach because I needed a specific part for my D1. They had the cheapest price and in stock. Still wasn't "cheap" ha ha!!

I normally order from LRparts.net, Paddock Spares or PA Blanchard. They have more reasonable shipping prices. Super fast shipping around the world!!! Prices cannot be beat!

When ordering from the above make sure you order the quality parts marked with a G in the part number or unless it says Genuine OEM LR part. The unknown manufactures of parts are the worse.

Good luck with the muscle car build!!

Comment

Just did "big" orders from LRDirect and Advance Factors. Ordering from the UK has lost its advantage due to the higher cost of shipping. So I'm probably not going to be doing many orders from across the pond anymore. Which sucks because I totally want some more sound deadening kits.

Shipping is 2~3x what it was in 2019. Back in 2019, shipping was somewhere between $35-75 USD. And I'd order all kinda nuts and bolts. Now without heavy stuff, its WELL over $150USD.

The Advance Factors, just had to eat shipping to get super nice lower control arms for the LR4. Came out to be about the same as generic brand so I guess a win overall there.

Both packages arrived via DHL. Its to the point that ordering from overseas has lost its advantage. Also I had a package damaged and another lost so adding that to the headache didn't help.

Moving forward, for the 109, I'm probably going to switch back to Rovahfarm/AB/RN. Mainly Rovahfarm for all the quirky pieces. The D5 is still getting OEM parts because its a princess under warranty. The LR4, we'll see but in all honesty it *should* only need service items for a bit but also probably a lot from AB as they do a great job with the 05-15 cars. All service items (filters, special diesel engine oil for the TD6, and wiper blades) comes from Rock Auto.

Comment

Working...
                        X