visitor at the hide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 50 wulf View Post

My one encounter with a large cat was when I was in my mid 20's in a parking lot at around 3am. I had gone for a night walk, and was on the edge of a large (at that time) park. I was standing on the edge near a corner in a shadow admiring the stars and the night. I lowered my head and saw a panther 25ish feet from me walking across the lot to the woods. I froze. It saw me but I guess I wasn't on the menu that night. After it had entered the woods, I waited several minutes before slowly walking backwards out of there!
    Fixed it for you.

Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. - John Parker

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” ― Daniel Webster

Comment

Originally posted by pavementends View Post
      Have to say that I've always felt fortunate that our lions don't hunt in prides -- that would make being out in the woods an entirely different proposition!

Please don't give them any ideas!

Do not fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. - John Parker

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” ― Daniel Webster

Comment

Working...
      X