Exchange rate!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange rate!!!!!!!

Never seen it this low..... $1.07 to the GBP.

Place your orders, Ladies and Gentlemen!
    gene
    1960 109 w/ 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

I just ordered $3g worth of parts from Ashcroft for my 61... That will cover everything I need from overseas for the axles/diffs.

Comment

In the final analysis, I guess this can be tied to Russia's closing off of gas to NATO countries - and I dont think we've seen the end of the misery, seeing as winter is on the horizon.

What were they thinking! Effectively tying their very economies and well being to a country under the control of a despot - an ex KBG operative with dreams of grandeur, who detests the West and all it stands for? Then they disestablished or mothballed their only viable alternative - Nuclear power stations.

Anyone with two functioning braincells could see problems down the track.
      Today is a good day to die........
      .......But tomorrow would be better...

Comment

Agree. That's another reason I went ahead and ordered. It won't be long before they raise the cost to adjust for their own inflation just to stay in business/survive...

Comment

The UK actually only imported about 3% Russian gas so is fairly energy secure in those terms but is still affected by the international gas prices. Britain is suffering more than most as it is not only somewhat affected by the war in the Ukraine but more because the new PM seems to be trying to be a Maggie Thatcher tribute act introducing massive tax cuts while sending government spending through the roof. Her Chancellor of the Exchequer seems to have failed economics 101 and his reckless handling of the economy has eroded confidence in the pound. At the same time people are moving into the US dollar which is seen as safe in financially troubling times all of which does wonders for your purchasing power. The Swiss Franc is fortunately doing quite well too.

Just for fun, it is only a matter of a few weeks since Bojo the Clown was deposed as PM and there is already talk of letters of no confidence in Lizz Truss being submitted by her own party. I see a general election on the horizon. I would mention Brexit too but there is already more than enough comedy to go around.

Comment

Feels like the whole world is on fire, or about to be...
            I'm afraid this is going to be a difficult winter for many.

Comment

The spicy times are coming

i just placed a large order too

Comment

Wondering about a new exhaust for my 1961 S2 88"...Is there a UK supplier you've had good luck with?

My current exhaust exits on the left-hand side just behind the driver's door and I wonder if putting it out the rear would make driving it quieter. Any opinions? Thanks ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hightower View Post
                  Wondering about a new exhaust for my 1961 S2 88"...Is there a UK supplier you've had good luck with?

My current exhaust exits on the left-hand side just behind the driver's door and I wonder if putting it out the rear would make driving it quieter. Any opinions? Thanks ahead of time.
                  Factory exhaust from usual suppliers or Steve Parker will go out the back.
                  gene
                  1960 109 w/ 200TDI

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

If you install an exhaust with the tail pipe on the opposite side of the steering wheel, you might notice less exhaust noise. Mine is that way, and I only notice the exhaust note (which I do like) when I pass by a fence or wall on the tail pipe side and it reflects back to me.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    '73 S3 88"
                    '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel View Post

Factory exhaust from usual suppliers or Steve Parker will go out the back.
                      Was going to ask why it is front of the tire. My 62 exits behind the rear tire, still on the side.
                      Phone or Drive, Not Both. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

Hmmmm 109 chassiis or a dormobile top.. Guessing shipping would still blow..
                        Erik

1970ish exMOD 109

Comment

I just placed a small order, with shipping from Blanchards, it was equal to the price without shipping from Trevor.
                          gene
                          1960 109 w/ 200TDI

Comment

Just ordered 4 pistons from Turner. Got 4 for the price of 3. Score!
                            Jim
                            64 88 2.5 NAD 2a What would I do with all my spare time if I didn't own a Rover?

Comment

Working...
                            X