1964 - 88 IIA - Misc. Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 - 88 IIA - Misc. Projects

Starting as a place to document the small projects I have in store over the coming months.

What I'm starting with:

Last edited by worldofinflation; 12-29-2020, 04:54 AM.

Finally got around to taking the door trim off. Here is the reason for the extra panel... Rover got in a knife fight.

The driver's door is in much better shape. I may be looking for a passenger door in the coming months.

Comment

Hello from Brisbane.

Looks like a straight enough basis for a nice truck. I must admit that I’m not used to the sort of rusting that appears to be common on North American and European trucks.

Cheers,

Neil
      Last edited by S3ute; 07-02-2021, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Looks like they tried to gut him! I like his stance.

Well, I am sure people in these parts should have, well, parts for you. Might even be able to match the paint fade.
        Good luck!

I got mine from Ike in Oregon, and it shows in the overall condition of my 88". I never get over how bad some areas are on metal.
        1960 SII

Happiness is me out camping. @getlostcamping

Comment

Top currently off for new side window track and seals + getting the nasty black tar off from the underside of the roof. Tried to pressure wash it last weekend... any solvent suggestions?

Small projects since winter. Just hit 1000 miles since purchase.

- New tires 7.50/tires + painted wheels. I went with Krylon Antique White Gloss as I prefer something a bit less yellow than limestone with green. Think it came out fine.
          - New front prop-shaft
          - Baselined all fluids
          - Lots of carb fiddling and now it runs great
          - Replaced defender reverse lights with S3 ones.
          - New tailgate. Found a catflap in Vermont with original hardware that will go on soon.
          - New (old) driver's side door that still needs some more love to align properly. Still looking for a passenger door if anyone local has one.
          - I actually had great luck getting the side window tracks out. Luckily, I have the aluminum type so they are in good shape. I was able to get some felt from Ike.

IMG_6820 2 by Zach Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_7008 by Zach Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_7007 by Zach Taylor, on Flickr
          Last edited by worldofinflation; 07-01-2021, 10:41 PM.

Comment

IMG_6835 by Zach Taylor, on Flickr

IMG_6989 by Zach Taylor, on Flickr
            Last edited by worldofinflation; 07-01-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I used turtle wax bug and tar remover to remove an entire interior plastered with a tar/foil insulation product by Eastwood. It was such a pain. I tried everything and the bug and tar remover worked the best. Your truck is looking good!

Comment

Body shop suppliers have a product called wax and grease remover that might be the ticket.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I do have one more mechanical approach to try and then will go chemical.

Comment

Hello again from Brisbane.

Looking at your photos again I can see that it has a filler cap on both sides.

I’m interested to see what protective shielding has been fitted for the hose to the tank on the drivers’ side - I’m presently working on a similar arrangement for my own 88”.

What is your setup for the fuel pump(s)?

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by S3ute View Post
                      Hello again from Brisbane.

Looking at your photos again I can see that it has a filler cap on both sides.

I’m interested to see what protective shielding has been fitted for the hose to the tank on the drivers’ side - I’m presently working on a similar arrangement for my own 88”.

What is your setup for the fuel pump(s)?

Cheers,

Neil
                      Hi Neil, I have two new underseat tanks and as far as I know, a standard mechanical fuel pump.

Part of this weekend's to-do is to look at the set-up closely (there is a bit of gasoline smell when running on the driver-side tank). I will revert.

Comment

Looking great!
                        1969 Marine Blue Bugeye

Comment

New roof painted and back on + found some sills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_26941.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	195441

Comment

Sills!! You need Rock Sliders!
                            1969 Marine Blue Bugeye

Comment

Loving your '64 and the work you are doing. If I could go back in time, I would surely have held out for a Series with the inboard headlights. Maybe my next one. Looking forward to following your project/progress!
                              Last edited by brpaape; 09-04-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X