Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotty
    replied
    Lots of works but your moving along really good! Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Going to stream power to avoid the high price of fuel.

Leave a comment:

• loose gravel
    replied
    Looks like a wood stove...............

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    The Brown truck brought a package today. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211230_213823265.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	198825
    Looks clean. Need to test for leaks. Then seal it along with the other tank once things warm up. Pretty happy at $130 delivered.

Leave a comment:

• series guy
    replied
    Whoever replaced that stud probably did it that way which is really nice. If all your studs are tight and straight I would just upgrade to the late 2a lug nuts that are 1 1/16" hex with the BSF threads.

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    They are all like the picture, shoulder not recessed.

The picture posted previously showed a recessed shoulder welded and a screw in stud. The picture was a hub from an axle housing that I purchased but am not using those hubs. I was just wondering how or why the shoulder stud was recessed. Is that a common mod done to a hub? Is there a reason they should be recessed?

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• series guy
    replied
    Are they all shouldered like that or are some the original screw in studs that are peined in place?

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211220_042631039.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	198585
    This what I have right now. So you are stating, these should be replaced with Siii metric studs and new lug nuts?

Leave a comment:

• series guy
    replied
    The most correct way for a trouble free future is to remove all the studs and drill the hubs for the larger series III metric press in studs. It will never be easier or cheaper than it it now with everything apart. The screw in studs will conspire to make your life miserable every time you remove a wheel. Welding in the screw in studs is also a bad idea. Eventually they will break free and ruin your day.

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Question for those wiser than I.

Looking at the hubs from the used housing I see recessed holes for wheel studs. One of the hubs has all five recessed, all are welded in (no picture) The other hub has one hole recessed stud welded in and one crimped stud (picture attached)

The hubs that I plan on using have no recessed holes and the studs have the flange that look like they should have a recessed hole.

This is the rear axle hubs.

What is the best course of action. Thanks on advance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211215_204456032.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.4 KB ID:	198506
    Last edited by 64osby; 12-16-2021, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Originally posted by 50 wulf View Post
    Nice progress!

I'm also a fan of the Centari...
    Thanks, still trying to do a minimum of 15 minutes a day. At least look at stuff and plan, clean or figure out what to procure.

Next step is to put wheels on the rear and roll it to the back the work space. I need the jack stands for the front axle. I only have 6 of them, and 4 are supporting the old rotten frame.

That and clean out more stuff. My work space is outside under a carport. It has a few small misc. projects under it. One started today was putting in a new pull cord on my snow blower, but had to order a part or two and it sits under the carport now.

Time and weather will determine how quick the front axle and more goes. Cold and snow are soon to come.

The Centari might be a crap shoot, but I will give it a try, the brushed on samples still look good. Have a friend who has done body paint for a living and will draw on his his expertise. No paint until spring, unless global warming is real and winter is 60 degree days here in Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• 50 wulf
    replied
    Nason is my go to now. Can't afford (or don't want to afford) anything more. It gives a good finish. Doesn't really matter much, since I'm painting outside. I painted my wing like 4 times....

Leave a comment:

• series guy
    replied
    When I did my trucking the fall of 2018 I painted the roof and wheels Limestone in my driveway. I had dropped some parts off with a friend to be painted blue and of course gave him the catalyst and reducer with the paint. I had some Centari hardener and reducer that were well over 15 years old. The gloss on the Limestone paint was way nicer that the finish on the blue parts. Not that I wanted that much gloss but the Centari 893 hardener was obviously far superior the the Omni product.

Leave a comment:

• 50 wulf
    replied
    Nice progress!

I'm also a fan of the Centari. I sprayed my NADA with it. Still looked good 17yrs later when I sold it.
    I also sprayed the trunk lid of a cady with Centari. Not sure what the shelf life is on that stuff though. I think 5yrs is my max for using paint (automotive paint anyway).

Leave a comment:

• loose gravel
    replied
    Friday at 1030 it was 38

Leave a comment:

Working...
X