No announcement yet.

Rocky, a '64 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neil or Trevor probably have a Weber laying around for cheap....I'd try Neil first.
    '59 SII 88"

Comment

Before you get in touch with Trevor or Neil...take a look at the 4 videos from ://www.youtube.com/user/MikesCarburetor/videos on the Rochester carbs...mine did not work worth a dam...then found Mike site...there were four different sizes of Rochesters B's, they all look the same.... I am sure over the years many people have had their hands in it, trying to rebuild it...you need the one with the smallest venturi (31 mm) and all the right springs...if you have a copper-colored one in the power piston...it is wrong...you need the shorter one ( black)...I had all of the same issues you have...running great now...I have a 48 jet in now ...Ithe rover lives at 5500 ft now. Get my e-mail from Galen...I will send you a copy of the manual for the carb

Comment

Originally posted by LC Rover View Post
        Before you get in touch with Trevor or Neil...take a look at the 4 videos from ://www.youtube.com/user/MikesCarburetor/videos on the Rochester carbs...mine did not work worth a dam...then found Mike site...there were four different sizes of Rochesters B's, they all look the same.... I am sure over the years many people have had their hands in it, trying to rebuild it...you need the one with the smallest venturi (31 mm) and all the right springs...if you have a copper-colored one in the power piston...it is wrong...you need the shorter one ( black)...I had all of the same issues you have...running great now...I have a 48 jet in now ...Ithe rover lives at 5500 ft now. Get my e-mail from Galen...I will send you a copy of the manual for the carb
        2X... The right Rochester makes a huge difference. I had repeat issues with warped Zenith, both real and copy, and with frequent jet clogging on the Weber. I had clean fuel tanks and multiple filters but the Weber always managed to crud up, and the low location of the jets didn't help. The Rochester jets never had a problem, but when the Weber was clean the truck ran well and got the best MPG. I've no more spares of any of the Series carbs with the V8 in one 109 and the 300TDI in the other, but I might have some service manuals for you.

Bob

Comment

With my 88 and the Rochester on a loaded trip to and from Grand Canyon, I got 15-17 mpg. But then I got that loaded or unloaded...
          gene
          1960 109 w/ 200TDI
          rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm going to stick with the Rochester for now as it seems to be working and I have bigger fish to fry with the brakes. I'm hoping to have another go at the master cylinder today if I can get my 'list of things to be done before family comes on Thursday' completed.
            '64 Series IIA 109

My 9-y.o. sons friend: This is a nice jeep.
            My son: It is NOT a jeep, it is a Land Rover. It is more capable than a jeep.

Comment

Working...
            X