1970 IIA Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 IIA Project

This is a vehicle I bought in Milwaukee in the mid 1990s and started rebuilding in the early 2000s, but then put into storage in 2004. I'm back at it and now have it running for the first time in 18 years. It starts, runs, drives, and stops well. I still have a few jobs to do- mostly some wiring, paint, trim, tires, and some interior work. I can see the end in sight.

I will have a few questions for you all as I move forward but will post those separately.
    Last edited by UpNorthMN; 01-01-2022, 02:32 AM.

Looks great. Starts, runs, drives, stops.......You're there. Congrats.

Comment

Good on ya for not giving up!
      gene
      1960 109 w/ 200TDI
      rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

That will make you look forward to spring!

I am working on my own 109 project down in Minneapolis. We should get the trucks together this summer up your way for an adventure. There is a group of about 10 of us, all in series planing on going around Lake Superior early August. Get the truck done and join us!

Comment

Nice! Looks like a great truck. You must be pleased to have a runner in that condition now.

My father's favorite part of the US is Ely, MN. He sends me emails from a webcam somewhere in boundary waters.

Comment

Ely is my favorite place in the US as well. It'is a great place to live. I first went to the Boundary Waters as a high school student and was hooked. There used to be another Land Rover in town-- a really nice 5-door Series station wagon, but I haven't seen it in a few years. I look forward to having mine back on the road-- hopefully by the summer. It will be fun to explore some of the backroads of northern Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
            X