EZ Does It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's a very nice 109!

Engine test fit today. It actually fits better than I thought it would, but the transmission support beam and two crossmembers will have to move.
    (Since this frame is going to the scrapper, I wanted to chop it up first to see where everything will need to move to on the replacement frame.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Engine Test Fit01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.9 KB ID:	219033
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Engine Test Fit02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	219034
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Engine Test Fit03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	219035
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Engine Test Fit04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	219036

Comment

Looks pretty near bolt in .

Comment

Originally posted by series guy View Post
        Looks pretty near bolt in .
        Not quite! The two things to balance are the forward radiator clearance and the transmission shifter location. There's a guy on youtube who did the install on a S3 88. It's clean. But he had a little more forward room than I do since he didn't have the inboard lights. But there are a few more tricks that can be done to find the room.

Driver's side exhaust manifold is on, but I had to remove the passenger one and will have to notch the bulkhead (and possibly frame) for clearance there.

Comment

looks fun Wulf!
          88 RRC
          59 S2 88"
          11 Range Rover

Comment

Got the rear axle sorted today. Didn't take a before pic unfortunately, but the case was rough. Installed all new studs, Gwyn Lewis weld on diff cover (1/4" thick), pegged Ashcroft 3.5 LSD diff center, Ashcroft high strength 24 spline Series axles, Forbyn rear disc kit, new rotors, pads, and calipers (these don't come with the kit). My credit card is smoking and I haven't even ordered the front brake kit!!

My goal was to get the axles done and mount them to the project frame to have a rolling frame, but I may have to wait to order the front brake kit..

(The Forbyn hubs are a work of art. Only a few minor gripes with the kit, but overall very pleased.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	RearAxle1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	220803
            Click image for larger version  Name:	RearAxle2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	220804
            Last edited by 50 wulf; 03-03-2024, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Freshly rebuilt stuff looks so good don’t it!
              88 RRC
              59 S2 88"
              11 Range Rover

Comment

Looking pretty incredible. Some nice work there John.

Comment

Working...
                X