No announcement yet.

Squirrel Cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, Colin. Anything to keep the rodents distracted from eating the wiring...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    '73 S3 88"
    '87 110 garden shed

Comment

I still agree with Colin, just get your sandblasted and paint it. Heck send it to me and I'll do it.
      gene
      1960 109 w/ 200TDI
      rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

Maybe someone closer will offer as well (to save on shipping), but I'll match Gene's offer to media blast it.

Maybe a wire wheel would suffice and you could take care of it yourself.

Is the Kodiak squirrel cage a different size than the Smiths?

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

You could also soak that cage in a sugar solution for two weeks and then zinc electro plate it again. There have been several posts on this in the past (unable to do a search right now). I have used the technique to save several parts that I thought were only good for the recycling bin.

Comment

I should have hit the switch before I took it back out. It works fine, but it's a little noisy. I'm sure if I drive around the other noises will drown it out.

I tried to open the link to that one in NY, but I get a 404 error. I'll definitely buy that one if someone can get me the contact info.
            A mouse does not rely on just one hole.
            Titus Maccius Plautus

Comment

Soak it in evaporust, it'll be gun metal grey in a few hours then you can paint it.
              1969 Marine Blue Bugeye

Comment

The gentleman selling that fan is Bill Leacock; he's a member here. PM me and I'll get you his email.

Comment

Check out Amazon for "Dayton 12V blowers" (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dayton+12..._ts-doa-p_1_10)

Comment

Working...
                  X