Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biffidum
    replied
    Check out Amazon for "Dayton 12V blowers" (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dayton+12..._ts-doa-p_1_10)

Leave a comment:

• swampyankee
    replied
    The gentleman selling that fan is Bill Leacock; he's a member here. PM me and I'll get you his email.

Leave a comment:

• rover03
    replied
    Soak it in evaporust, it'll be gun metal grey in a few hours then you can paint it.

Leave a comment:

• landy67
    replied
    I should have hit the switch before I took it back out. It works fine, but it's a little noisy. I'm sure if I drive around the other noises will drown it out.

I tried to open the link to that one in NY, but I get a 404 error. I'll definitely buy that one if someone can get me the contact info.

Leave a comment:

• Halfton
    replied
    You could also soak that cage in a sugar solution for two weeks and then zinc electro plate it again. There have been several posts on this in the past (unable to do a search right now). I have used the technique to save several parts that I thought were only good for the recycling bin.

Leave a comment:

• cnfowler
    replied
    Maybe someone closer will offer as well (to save on shipping), but I'll match Gene's offer to media blast it.

Maybe a wire wheel would suffice and you could take care of it yourself.

Is the Kodiak squirrel cage a different size than the Smiths?

Colin

Leave a comment:

• loose gravel
    replied
    I still agree with Colin, just get your sandblasted and paint it. Heck send it to me and I'll do it.

Leave a comment:

• RustCollector
    replied
    Cheers, Colin. Anything to keep the rodents distracted from eating the wiring...

Leave a comment:

• cnfowler
    replied
    Originally posted by RustCollector View Post
    If you can convince the mice to stay in there and run a bit, you might be able to charge your battery.
    Underrated comment. This just couldn't go unacknowledged.

Colin

Leave a comment:

• HybridIIA
    replied
    This certainly doesn’t look like it is in good shape, but mentions the motor works and squirrel cage looks pretty good

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9008...50677941621784

Click image for larger version  Name:	kodiak.JPG Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	199281
    Last edited by HybridIIA; 01-20-2022, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RustCollector
    replied
    If you can convince the mice to stay in there and run a bit, you might be able to charge your battery.

Leave a comment:

• landy67
    replied
    Here's an update... I squirted this thing with penetrating oil and did everything I could to free it up, but I couldn't make it work. I pulled it out tonight, and it spin's freely. I'll have to check the directions on the PB Blaster. It may be soak with penetrating oil and let it sit for 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• landy67
    replied
    I never did anything about this, and I've just started looking again. I found this motor on most of the auto parts places and it looks like it will fit to replace the existing motor, but I'm going to have to find a replacement squirrel cage, mine is beyond salvage. Nobody seems to list the dimensions of anything. Does anyone know where I can find squirrel cages by dimension and rotation?

Murray Climate Control Blower Motor PM786 | O'Reilly Auto Parts (oreillyauto.com)

Leave a comment:

• dporter110
    replied
    I just went through this myself. Disassemble the motor and you can most likely fix the bearings. There are three small steel rivets that I had to drill to refit the brass bearing back into the spring steel cage. When I pulled mine apart the brass bearing came out with the shaft. I believe I used a 1/8 x 1/4 aircraft rivet to put it back together. PM me your address if you take it apart and I'll drop some in the mail for you.

Leave a comment:

• cnfowler
    replied
    Yours can definitely be cleaned up and painted. Way less work than finding a different one and making it fit. Will look like mine when you're done.

Colin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X