Nada 2.6 Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nada 2.6 Exhaust

Been thinking of upgrading my exhaust to a stainless unit when I decided to check part numbers to make sure what is offered is correct and I noticed that the NADA trucks part numbers do not come up or cross reference to anything. The euro six numbers come up everywhere including RN. On the RN site it states its the correct exhaust for a 2.6 from 67 on but I wonder why the NADA numbers were different. I do know the hangers are different but can it be assumed the exhaust is routed exactly the same and the mounts will work.

I did notice the drawings are different between the NADA and the Euro trucks but that could just be artistic license.

Wondering if anyone has bought a euro six exhaust for NADA and if so do you still have your stock frame and mounts for it?

Thanks

Braddock-
    I just purchased a new repro stock exhaust for my NADA(I haven't installed it yet). I found a listing for a stainless option, but it was alot more money/and it was by special order only (not in stock). PM me if you'd like the part number.

Comment

Sent you a message.

Curious where you got it and if it lines up with the original hangers.

Comment

I got a BritPart complete exhaust from 3 Brothers in Ontario for my NADA which I am fixing on a budget and have no ambition to win any Concours d' Elegance.

The system did not fit that well and I need to get the tailpipe re-bent a few degrees to fit. The hangers I got with the kit sure don't fit with the original frame holes. I will check tonight if it's Euro or NADA part numbers (stickers are still on the pipes)

Comment

I bought a non-stainless system from Steve Parker in the UK, https://www.steveparkers.com/ to fit my 200tdi conversion, It didn't fit all that well either and I had to rebend a couple of tubes. I think the best way to do this is to bite the bullet and have a local shop make one up.
          gene
          1960 109 w/ 200TDI
          rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

“Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today.”
          ― James Dean

Comment

Would be interested to know the parts on the britpart one. I think I'm going with https://www.famousfour.co.uk/new_parts/ff_part?part=672. From everything I can tell the euro exhaust is the same as the nada but the numbers are different. It is odd the nada ones don't supersede.

Rovers North sells the euro one, waiting to talk to Zack to see if there has been any issue with it. I know one guy who bought it and it was fine but he had a new frame which meant it didn't use the NADA mounts.

Supposedly it's good. I might look into a local shop doing it but don't really want to leave my truck there. I guess I could give them the exhaust and have them make it.

Comment

For some reason, I wasn't able to post on the forum on my iPad or iPhone.... The Britpart numbers are indeed the non-NADA 6 cyl part numbers.

Comment

For anyone who is interested, after comparing the euro and Nada exhausts they appear very similar but one thing I noticed is the following:

The Nada front pipe is shorter than the euro one. All the bends are in the same place but the joint to the middle pipe is forward of where it is on the euro one. The issue with this is if you use the euro exhaust on the nada the joint from the front to middle pipe is exactly under the nada hanger. I'm sure I can figure it out but curious if anyone else has seen this.

Comment

Some pics showing the issue.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info, it all helps, no pics came through,
                    gene
                    1960 109 w/ 200TDI

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

― James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel View Post
                      Thanks for the info, it all helps, no pics came through,
                      Pics are there

Comment

POOP! this rearranged forum sucks! If I am on latest activity I don't see the photos. When on photos there is only the photos, no text, no reply, when on Post the text and thumbnails are there. I want to be able to just click my freaking link to the forum and have the complete posts and photos show up in a latest at the top when I click the latest activity tab and not get page 47 which is the first page on a thread and then have to either click through all 47 frelling pages EVERY time of click in the filter thread page EVERY time to select "Today".

Sorry, I'm frustrated with this since the last glitch.
                        gene
                        1960 109 w/ 200TDI

― James Dean

Comment

Working...
                        X