Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reliable Parts Dealer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reliable Parts Dealer

    Hello,
    ,
    Does anyone know of a reliable parts supplier, reasonably priced ? I am trying to complete a nut & bolt restoration on my 63 Series 2A, but I cannot find a reliable supplier here in the states.
    If you don't know anyone here in the US, who is your go to in the UK?

    Thank you

    Scotty
    1963 Series II A 88

  • #2
    A lot depends on what it is you want, none of them seem to have it all. Have you checked out our resources thread?

    https://www.gunsandrovers.com/forum/...over-resources

    Sometimes it is cheaper to order from the UK than US, but you have to wait longer. IIRC you can make a order from LRFasteners and get a kit with every fastener needed for 1 vehicle. Most of us just scrounge around on this side of the pond.
    gene
    1960 109 w/ 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

    You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

    Comment


    • #3
      Granted, I've never done a nut and bolt resto, but I always start with the factory part numbers and then start searching. Too many of the US sources have poor websites with inconsistent/mismatched info. And this doesn't even cover the poor quality of the parts you may get. Lately, I've found that I can order a batch of parts out of England, for oftentimes less money, and somehow, get them faster than a US vendor can process my order. I can place my order with Rimmer Bros or LR Direct on a Monday evening here in Maryland and be unboxing my order Thursday. I don't know how they do it. I guess the whole supply chain thing is messed up. I recently got electrical connectors out of Poland for cheaper and faster than from California (3 day vs 5 day shipping). When I'm not in a rush, one US vendor that I like for just repro parts ordered via LR part number is UKAR. They sell Britpart and Allmakes and YRM and the other, but almost none of it is in stock.I just place the order and wait for their container to come in. But they're on the East Coast (DC Area), so shipping to you may kill the deal.

      Comment


      • #4
        I primarily use LRDirect but might be moving back to US suppliers. Shipping this time around was murderous and cancels out any kind of cost benefit. Also my packaged was damaged this time around and I'm starting a claim with LRDirect (they were cool last time around about damage, so hopefully it isn't a problem again). Also in their defense, I should stop ordering filters in flimsy little boxes from the other side of the world.

        The issue with shipping mainly has come about with fasteners. I ordered a decent number of fasteners and it shot up shipping by like, $100. So all of a sudden, ACE hardware is back on the menu.

        Biggest issue with LRDirect, you GOTTA have your part numbers. Don't have that, you gonna have a bad time.

        Also had good luck with Bearmach. I've been using Advance Factors for LR3/LR4 stuff (mainly control arms, they have a VERY good kit).

        Moving forward, I plan on getting more from local suppliers. Rovahfarm is back on the radar. So is Atlantic British.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you guys, for sharing. I have only used one supplier here in the states but it always takes 2-3weeks to get my parts, I'm getting frustrated about it.
          Great guy, excellent support, but I feel like when I order parts from him, that he turns around and then orders the parts from the UK..

          I might try using Bearmach,

          Scotty
          1963 Series II A 88

          Comment


          • #6
            Different customers have different needs and different shops have different strengths. Some customers need help with what to order or what is correct/right for their trucks. Some people want parts support after they receive the parts. Some want the best quality and others just want the cheapest part no matter what. For instance if you called bearmach and asked them what part is correct for your car or how to install a part they sold- its unlikely they could help you. Pick one that can help you best but its maybe bad form to milk a shop for tech and then order the part elsewhere.

            Comment


            • #7
              Point taken.

              Thank you for your response.

              Scotty
              1963 Series II A 88

              Comment


              • #8
                Since the passing of my disposable car thus making my Rover a daily driver out of necessity instead of by preference and the fact that it is a mutt (a combination of Series and Defender bits) I have to say I've found Ike and crew the best for Series parts and custom made accessories. I use Rovers North if I need Defender bits or seals and gaskets in a hurry and Rovahfarm if I can afford to wait a bit. For non maintenance engine parts I use Turner in the UK. I have used LRDirect, LR Series, PA Blanchard and EbayUK quite a bit but shipping cost is getting to the point that they aren't as attractive as they once were. EbayUK has become a crap shoot as more and more sellers will not ship to the US.
                Jim
                64 88 2.5 NAD 2a What would I do with all my spare time if I didn't own a Rover?

                Comment


                • #9
                  90% of my stuff comes from Ike or Rovers North without issue. The other 10% is from parts I’ve hoarded off junk trucks or members I bought from on this website.

                  if you need a ton of stuff, you might be better off finding a parts truck from someone.
                  - Rover Owner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Contractor View Post
                    90% of my stuff comes from Ike or Rovers North without issue. The other 10% is from parts I’ve hoarded off junk trucks or members I bought from on this website.

                    if you need a ton of stuff, you might be better off finding a parts truck from someone.
                    couldn't have said tat better myself
                    my only exception is service parts for my semi daily 109... if something is needed ASAP, AB ground shipping ends up being next day for me..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you all for the response.

                      I am going to move to Ike & Rovers North for all future purchase's. I have found Ike and his team are pretty easy to communicate with and I'm located in Calif.

                      Thank you all again.

                      Scotty
                      1963 Series II A 88

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X