No announcement yet.

Rover doing Rover things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GreenMeanie, a lot of folks in my state of Massachusetts assume that we are over regulated and have no freedoms, with regards to cars, especially compared to anywhere that's not California. Your story shows me that we don't have it all that bad.

Galen, fantastic shots. I love to see Rovers at work. That's gotta be half a ton of slate in that last photo. I've had 600 lbs of topsoil (or was it gravel?) in the truck before, and it didn't seem to mind much.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    '73 S3 88"
    '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Originally posted by RustCollector View Post
      GreenMeanie, a lot of folks in my state of Massachusetts assume that we are over regulated and have no freedoms, with regards to cars, especially compared to anywhere that's not California. Your story shows me that we don't have it all that bad.

Galen, fantastic shots. I love to see Rovers at work. That's gotta be half a ton of slate in that last photo. I've had 600 lbs of topsoil (or was it gravel?) in the truck before, and it didn't seem to mind much.
      One of the loads of bagged sand and gravel was 1000lbs, the slate load sagged about the same amount, so I'm it was also 1000lbs.

I forgot the railroad ties. Didn't realize till I looked it up later that ties are usually 200lbs, that's a ton of weigh on the tailgate. Probably one of the dumber loads I did, thought they would fit better and be lighter.

Then a few weeks later helped clear a pasture at the horse barn.

'59 SII 88"

Comment

Wow. That's a workhorse, and a fine looking one, too. You remind me that I can fit a lot more in my truck with the soft top and tailgate on that with the hardtop and full door. But I lose the roof racks that way, so no perfect solution.

I have a one-ton cheap trailer that i use for stuff that won't fit inside the Rover (or the minivan, for that matter). There's just no way to fit full sheets of drywall or plywood in it or on it without complete failure.
        '73 S3 88"
        '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Saw this on a different forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221107-223840.png
Views:	204
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	207534
          Phone or Drive, Not Both. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

Took down a few dead oaks.

3 piles like this (the biggest round is about 22”)
            My Saggin' wagon

Comment

Osby, that's a keeper!

Hackneyed, did you post a pic?
              '73 S3 88"
              '87 110 garden shed

Comment

None of my pics posted despite showing in preview. 2nd attempt:

Comment

Name:	Trees1.png
Views:	159
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	207618 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trees2.png
Views:	154
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	207619 Click image for larger version

Name:	Trees3.png
Views:	159
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	207620

Comment

I give up trying to make them load larger than thumbnail.

Comment

I can see enough to know what you're doing. That's enough fire wood for a while. Nice 109.
                      '73 S3 88"
                      '87 110 garden shed

Comment

I have a small herd of chickens, and I found out a year ago that having chickens means you probably also have rats. I have found a pretty good way to get rid of them for a short time. I also now know that I have to reinforce the hen house with better wire, and deeper into the ground. Just so you know, the heavy black netting is actually heavy netting that is the "roof" over the open space, not chicken wire. You can't really see the wire in this shot.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of poisoning rats or other things if I have other choices. Having visible rat holes, and having a shop vac hose means I have an option. Rat holes happen to be the same diameter as shop vac hoses. 15 minutes usually does it. In cold weather I can see the other end of the hole as the exhaust becomes more visible.

Carbon Monoxide has taken the lives of two people that I knew over the years, so I take the safety aspect of this pretty seriously. I hope I don't have to mention that this is only an outdoor activity. That said, it works well.

Name:	IMG_4270.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	207996
                        '73 S3 88"
                        '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-7484.JPG Views:	0 Size:	209.5 KB ID:	208060

An older shot

Comment

Galen, that railroad tie shot is impressive. You have far more faith in your tailgate stays than I do! Heck, my Defender ones don't even appear to be very strong. They are just anchored to the thin aluminum of the inside bed...

I once hauled a trailer load of ties in the M416 trailer behind the NADA and above 45mph it started to violently shift side to side (weight was not forward of the trailer axle), so I slammed on the brakes and continued home at a much slower pace!

The biggest haul in the NADA was when my dad stopped at a site where a crew was cutting up a huge pine tree. He asked the crew if he could have the largest section, and they agreed. It took 4 men to load it into the back and it barely fit. When we got home we rolled it out onto the patio and it sat there for years until termites eventually got it.

Comment

WorldofInflation, that's a great picture. The colors all seem to work together. No roof rack required!
                              '73 S3 88"
                              '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Collecting pine cut-offs for next year's kindling.

Name:	IMG_20221123_135627960_HDR.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	208227

Comment

Working...
                                X