No announcement yet.

NADA values of Series trucks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Jim- Since I've seen similar conversations/transactions go down, IF your manager walked in tomorrow with the cash (or a cashier's check), would you hand him the key?

Comment

Mine sat in the yard with a rusted frame and rear axle housing for too many years, I still received eight or ten offers a year to buy it.

Looking forward to when it is back on the road and I can scoff at the offers. I will never sell, it will be handed down to my son after I am no longer able to drive it
      Phone or Drive, Not Both. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

At this point in time I wouldn't sell and will only sell when I reach a point where I am not able to drive it any longer.
        64 88 2.5 NAD 2a What would I do with all my spare time if I didn't own a Rover?

Comment

Originally posted by 64osby View Post
          Mine sat in the yard with a rusted frame and rear axle housing for too many years, I still received eight or ten offers a year to buy it.

Looking forward to when it is back on the road and I can scoff at the offers. I will never sell, it will be handed down to my son after I am no longer able to drive it
          Same here. Mine was at a friend's shop for a couple years hoping for some frame repairs. It eventually became too rusty to patch so I had it towed home and parked it behind the shop where it sat for another decade or so. While it was at Rich's shop I would occasionally receive lowball inquiries about selling which got to be quite annoying. At one point I considered selling but my wife talked me out of it knowing that if I had a change of heart it was unlikely that I would find another that I could afford. On my way to town I regularly pass an early IIA that has been sitting for years. I've been tempted to stop and ask about it but I'm sure he's as sick of the bottom feeder offers as I was.

Comment

I have two in my driveway and another one being stripped and rebuilt in the garage. I'm on a very quiet road that gets more walkers and bikers than cars and spend a lot of time working on them and house projects in the yard. I probably get asked about the trucks once a week if I'm outside. Some people are interested in buying one of them but more just want to talk about them. My favorites are the people who grew up with one or used to own one. Our local beef purveyor grew up in Kenya and got so excited to see one that she had to sit inside it. I've been considering a side business selling them now that prices may just possibly almost allow for some profit.

Comment

Originally posted by 64osby View Post
              Said every campesino in Costa Rica with multiple Series trucks in the yard. "disculpa no a la venta amigo. camiones de proyecto"

Campesino son: "all 3 for $2,000USD"

The Toltec Coffee fleet
              www.ToltecCoffee.com
              99 Disco 1 - coming soon.....
              96 FZJ 80: 3XL, lifted, shaved, and dipped in Raptor-coat
              94 FZJ 80: Our Costa Rican coffee & surf wagon
              70 Series IIA 88: took two years to pass CR inspection....

Comment

I had this same problem in WA state when I bought my NADA IIa last year. I had to get the seller to sign a written document that told why it was worth $30,000 less than the state thought it was. Not really a big deal but a pain in the butt.

i drove a 1960 VW double cab as my daily driver for years. People would ask if I wanted to sell it all the time. I had touched every nut and bolt on that truck at one time or another. I would just tell people I would consider a sale but not for any reasonable amount.

Comment

It must be different around here, I get lots of Oo's and Ahh's, Nice car! but no sale queries. Some thing only a mother could love!
                  gene
                  1960 109 w/ 200TDI
                  rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

I grew up horse trading and learned from the type of guys that had no issue teaching you a pretty hard lesson. One of the rules that I was taught was if you put a price on it then it's for sale. No matter how crazy you think the price is there's always a chance that a crazy person will say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel View Post
                      It must be different around here, I get lots of Oo's and Ahh's, Nice car! but no sale queries. Some thing only a mother could love!
                      I mostly get the oohs and ah’s as well. A lady down the street likes to tell me her dad had one and tell me stories. Every now and then I get asked how much I would sell it for. I always respond “for stupid money” that pretty much ends the conversation ​​​​​​
                      1960 SII

Happiness is me out camping. @getlostcamping

Comment

Originally posted by DoKarider16 View Post
                        I had this same problem in WA state when I bought my NADA IIa last year. I had to get the seller to sign a written document that told why it was worth $30,000 less than the state thought it was. Not really a big deal but a pain in the butt.
                        According to Mass RMV, (thes is second hand) there are a couple companies they will accept vehicle appraisals from, basically second opinions to the NADA guide book, but not a note from seller or non approved appraisal firm. And, RMV notes that more often than not the appraisal is more than the NADA value. After some searching, I did find a vintage mustang guy who got a '65 down to 3,000 from 45,000 but it was pretty much a rolling chassis with glass and driveline. Other than that very few "I beat the Mass RMV on sales tax" stories.

As for the couple I'm helping, if everything aligns, the vehicle may become a resident of an abutting state to Mass. prior to immigration to the People's Republic.
                        The Toltec Coffee fleet
                        www.ToltecCoffee.com

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ies-iii-4x4-3/
                          Bid for the chance to own a 1984 Land Rover 109 Series III at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #62,293.

Comment

And for a S3..... yikes....

The Toltec Coffee fleet
                            www.ToltecCoffee.com

Comment

Well f me. I just told my cousin in CT I'd find him a runner for 10k. Am I out of touch? He just wants to drive around his town.

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteRover View Post
                                Well f me. I just told my cousin in CT I'd find him a runner for 10k. Am I out of touch? He just wants to drive around his town.
                                I think it's still possible, just getting for difficult. I found a rust-free runner for around that price last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X