Zenith Carburetor Hardware Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenith Carburetor Hardware Replacement

Does anyone know what the specs are for the idle speed screw on a Zenith 36IV carburetor? During some test drives, the screw backed itself out.

Just replied to your other post. I'll check tomorrow to see if I have one. If I do, I'll shoot the specs out. I could probably send the screw out to you if preferable.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    '73 S3 88"
    '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Wow, thank you so much. I would be interested in the specs, and if you can spare one, I would be extremely grateful.

Comment

The only 'spec' I know of is an idle speed +- 750 RPM.... The idle screw has two styles of 'fixings once you get the speed dialed in: a lock-nut or a tension spring. Adjusting one with a lock nut is more fiddly but less likely to back out.
        “… of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants.” — Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers, #1

Comment

I have one part of your request. The thread is #10-32.

My Zenith came with an engine I bought, and the carb had much of the good stuff stripped out of the inside, and the idle set screw is gone. Sadly, I don't have one to send you.

I think you'll do OK if you find a 10-32 Philips head screw between 3/4" and an inch in length. To keep it from rattling out, find a spring to put between the screw head and the threaded piece. It's possible that other carbs have similar screws in them that may fit yours, if you have a source for old carbs.

Hope this helps.
          '73 S3 88"
          '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Originally posted by RustCollector View Post
            I have one part of your request. The thread is #10-32.

My Zenith came with an engine I bought, and the carb had much of the good stuff stripped out of the inside, and the idle set screw is gone. Sadly, I don't have one to send you.

I think you'll do OK if you find a 10-32 Philips head screw between 3/4" and an inch in length. To keep it from rattling out, find a spring to put between the screw head and the threaded piece. It's possible that other carbs have similar screws in them that may fit yours, if you have a source for old carbs.

Hope this helps.
            This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Comment

Post pics and part numbers/sources when you get them.

'73 S3 88"
              '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Working...
              X