Solid Hammer Rivet Measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid Hammer Rivet Measurements

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7099.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	219870 I’m going to order some solid, domed, hammer rivets from McMaster Carr. Head height and head width are variables in the item selection. Measuring the ones I can I’d say 1/8” for head height and 7/32” for width. This is just me holding a tape but looks about like that to me. Anyone know what the exact specs are? I know rivet stuff is cliched but I figured if I’m ordering 4 different sizes I’d just assume get as close to original as possible. Thanks.
    Last edited by Moondog; 01-24-2024, 02:40 AM.

I use Aluminum Domed Head Solid Rivets, 3/16" Diameter from McMaster. Part number 97482A249. I buy longer ones and use a rivet cutting tool to cut them down as needed.

Comment

Moondog, I also used 3/16 dome head from McMaster, however since I don’t own a Rivit cutter, I drilled holes in a board, installed the rivets and cut them to .300” long on my table saw. A good carbide blade cut the aluminum clean and neat!

I don’t know how many you need, but I have about a Dozen stashed away.

cheers,
      P

Comment

No need to cut them, that's just an extra step. 99% of the solid rivets used (at least on 2A's) are one of two lengths, which McMaster stocks. The long rivets are only needed on one section of the rear body.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7225.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	220014 Here is what I opted to do if it is of any use to anyone else. Each box of 100 was about $6-$8. As noted the head width is a little bit larger. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Moondog great info there thanks...might be my next purchase to get ready for my hood refurb!
            88 RRC
            59 S2 88"
            11 Range Rover

Comment

Instead of a hood refurb, you could purchase the Sweet Deluxe Bonnet that I have for sale!! Special discount for MA residents!!

PM me for pics and details!

Cheers,
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PaulinMA View Post
                Instead of a hood refurb, you could purchase the Sweet Deluxe Bonnet that I have for sale!! Special discount for MA residents!!

PM me for pics and details!

Cheers,
                Paul
                Ha thanks Paul but I kind of prefer the non deluxe hood!
                88 RRC
                59 S2 88"
                11 Range Rover

Comment

Working...
                X