Carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor

What are you running for a carb.? Getting ready for a purchase. I have a Rochester, but from what I learned the MPG is a trade off for horse power. I'm looking for stability and of course the best of both worlds.

After researching this site I found a post by Yorker a few years back, maybe my best choice is to rebuild my Rochester..

Thx

Scott
    Last edited by Scotty; 02-12-2024, 08:21 PM.
    1963 Series II A 88

I have had excellent results with the 34ich Weber. Smooth idle and average economy.

Comment

I’ve run the Weber for 12 years in my 88” with no issues other than icing up on cold/damp morning's. I switched to a knock off Zenith a couple of years ago as my Weber was due for a rebuild and it has been running absolutely fine with definitely more noticeable power at the top end. It seems to get similar fuel mileage as the Weber did as well. I think I paid around $60 for the Zenith from the UK so it’s probably cheaper to buy a new carb instead of rebuilding the Zenith down the road.

Matt

Comment

I think what makes sense is to buy the Weber & rebuild the Rochester.. That way I can install a new carb, so I know I'm, good there, now on to the distributor. I have D25 I think that the number.
        I'll start a new thread on the dist. I want everything to be new for the initial start up , this way I'm not chasing one of these issues.

Then down the road I can swap the parts out if necessary..

Thank you
        1963 Series II A 88

Comment

Working...
        X