This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loose gravel View Post

My 67 did have that intake, but I can't swear it was factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PD_0019-001.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	192552
    That hole is the intake for the heater and is factory for the NADA sixes

Comment

• FWIW I have one NADA 109 that has the hole and one that does not. The later truck does not have the hole.

Comment

• Was that an early roof-top tent?

Comment

• I’m thinking that a lot of the heaters were dealer installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hightower View Post
            Was that an early roof-top tent?
            LOL! Stack of styrofoam foundation insulation for a house I was part of the crew on in Big Sur.
            gene
            1960 109 w/ 200TDI
            rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

• Originally posted by loose gravel View Post

LOL! Stack of styrofoam foundation insulation for a house I was part of the crew on in Big Sur.
              I thought it was a tent too!

Comment

• Tent, hell. That's a house. Pic is def in Overladen Land Rovers Hall of Fame. Brilliant..

Comment

• Originally posted by dporter110 View Post
                  FWIW I have one NADA 109 that has the hole and one that does not. The later truck does not have the hole.
                  Weird one wouldn't have it. The heater was standard in the Nadas. I have seen super early and super late ones and they all have it. It is even written about in a review in 1967 in a 4 wheeling mag.

Comment

• Now that I think about it the wings on the later truck were patina wings off another Rover as this one was hit in the front end. Bulkhead dents to prove it so wings are not original NADA.

Comment

• '72 S3 88"... Marine Blue SW w/ tropical roof. Clean and appears to be sorted. Wolf rims.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d...320312444.html

Comment

• I'd bet it came outta Costa Rica. The chrome trim, sills, bumper are typical CR mods. Speedo is metric. Deluxe bonnet looks odd without being dished for spare. Spare on rear door looks low. Paint scheme doesn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxnix View Post
                          I'd bet it came outta Costa Rica. The chrome trim, sills, bumper are typical CR mods. Speedo is metric. Deluxe bonnet looks odd without being dished for spare. Spare on rear door looks low. Paint scheme doesn't work.
                          And no heater is the final clue.

Comment

• IIB forward control... (110" not 101")

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...-florida-33810

Comment

• Cool truck but the attention to detail is horrid. And they were pretty happy with that flat green paint. I can never understand how someone would spend the coin to get the truck this far and then not pony up for a wheel stud and nut. Or a wiring harness grommet. Stuff like that drives me nuts.

Comment

• The FC 109/110 is special purpose. Other than commercial or military use, it's an anwer to a question no one's asking. They took a 109, placed the engine between the seats and added a superstructure that raised the deck about a foot to make a flat bed. Not a clean sheet design, overweight and underpowered. Once Rover built the 101, they pretended the other FC never happened.
                                The green finish here looks more like bedliner than paint. Wears well, hides all.

Comment

Working...
                                X