Rhd 88”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Rhd 88”

A friend from Scotland living here wants to own a short wheel base series and insists on it being right hand drive. Anyone know of good truck that may be available?

What’s his budget? That will help narrow down some candidates.

Comment

also what era? a lightweight isn't that same as a IIA...

Comment

I think he’s open to any era but maybe not a lightweight or forward control. I’m encouraging him to go for a series 2a or even a series 1 if he can find one. I’m not sure exactly what his budget is but he plans on investing money to make it usable as a weekend and off-road truck. $15-20k all said and done is probably the neighborhood not a North American overland truck or other high end restoration.

Comment

I don't know the market for RHD in the states, he may want to look a Brittain's market and import one.

From what I've read LHD sell for more in most places. There are many RHD for sale in Brittain at any given time for less then the LHD I see in the states.
          Put your phone down and drive. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

Derek Chace, GMR in Vermont may have a couple RHD Defenders for sale.

Comment

For that price range, I would go with an Australian Perentie if you can find one. Really wish that's what I had gone with instead of my imported 110 (seller lied about the country of origin and it's a rusty bugger, but was hidden well; no such issues on the Perentie's). But I love driving the RHD. Super fun! And I don't go through drive thrus so doesn't matter to me about that.
              There is nothing more dangerous than those who seek to alter the will of men through force or deception rather than logic.

Comment

2a originally from Uganda, now in Cazenovia (SE of Syracuse, NY).
                Found out I'm probably not a Series guy. Love the truck, dont mind the work, the noise, or the leaks but that 55 mph max really limits where you can drive too much for me.
                $25k if you're intetested.

Comment

@Rjmkids: maybe if you got rid of the two speedy Mercs, the Rover wouldn't seem as slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjmkids View Post
                    Found out I'm probably not a Series guy. Love the truck, dont mind the work, the noise, or the leaks but that 55 mph max really limits where you can drive too much for me.
                    Mind sharing what it cost to ship that rover from Uganda? Did you use Mombasa port in Kenya?

Comment

I bought it off a gentleman who worked in the State Dept over there. Not sure what it cost to ship it back to VA but I'm sure it wasnt cheap. Your tax dollars at work!

Comment

A little outside the range but you can always ask. https://cars.ksl.com/listing/7454771
                        1960 SII

Happiness is me out camping. @getlostcamping

Comment

Originally posted by Rjmkids View Post
                          Wasn't there a G&R member (gunny ?) that had an 88 from Uganda? Same 88 ??
                          Tom P.
                          1965 exMod IIa 109
                          1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

Comment

Don't know if it's the same 88 but might be from the same lot. The story from the PO was that Idi Amin bought a bunch and distributed to all his staff back in the day.

Comment

https://www.defendersource.com/threa...1;-rhd.169607/
                              - Rover Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X