In search of beyond repair birmabright panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: In search of beyond repair birmabright panels

Anyone have a spare door, floors, wing, bonnet, part of a tub or any other birma-bright panel that is dented, creased, cracked, or beyond repair in any other way? I'm looking for welding practice pieces to learn/practice on. I'm in Long Island and Brooklyn, NY.

I've got some wings. I'm not nearby but could ship if needed.

Comment

Ive got piles and lots of experience welding it - happy to help

Cheers
      -Ike

Comment

Thanks Ike. I'm on the wrong coast for the parts but maybe I could get a few minutes of advise over the phone with you?

Comment

I'd be curious to know what filler rod material you use.

Hoping to one day get a tig welder and teach myself. I can tig steel and stainless fairly well, just always seem to burn right through aluminum no matter how thick it is, before it starts to puddle...
          There is nothing more dangerous than those who seek to alter the will of men through force or deception rather than logic.

Comment

Sure you are welcome to call. I use 5356 rod. Steel and SS are more forgiving but aluminum is not so bad once you have a feel for how it behaves. Heat conducts through it very quickly and it doesnt change color as it gets hotter. Ill answer your questions if I can

Cheers
            -IKe

Comment

Working...
            X