No announcement yet.

4 Sale '66 S2a SWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, I paid $21k for this three years ago. Granted, it's an S3. But it had had a frame off resto in 2005 by the Land Rover Centre, has an overdrive, winch and a few other niceties. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	204726

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	204725

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	204724
    1973 Series III - Marine Blue (sold)
    1979 Series III - Royal Navy Blue

Comment

Jim,
      just wanted to say nice looking truck and love what you’ve done to it.
      Erik

1970ish exMOD 109

Comment

Jim, great IIa! I am sure everyone here on G&R can appreciate what you have into this Rover — the value of the time, effort, and all the things the next owner does not have to worry about easily gets you to $25K. Have you listed it on Defender Source or NAS-ROW? I would definitely try Defender Source as there are people scanning that site for Rovers all the time. BAT could work well, I think the mixed colors will appeal to some people. I know I am just repeating what others have said: unfortunately, the truck being at the point it is, is past what a lot of us on Guns and Rovers are always on the lookout for — an inexpensive truck that needs some work...

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by 80sailor View Post
          For what it's worth, I paid $21k for this three years ago. Granted, it's an S3. But it had had a frame off resto in 2005 by the Land Rover Centre, has an overdrive, winch and a few other niceties. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	204726
          Prices have gone up quite a bit in the last 3 years.

Comment

I think that with a little work you should be able to get it sold for a fair price on BaT. However, many of the bidders there don't really know what they are looking at, and value shiny paint over everything else.

If it were mine I would spend a few bucks on it now and you'll get that right back when you sell it. It doesn't need much. Paint the doors, and put some factory wheels on it, fix the seats, and spend some time tidying it up. You need to resolve the clutch issue. Maybe paint the radiator tank black.

It's a nice truck and I think you should be able to get your asking price once you address those things. It doesn't help that you're in Canada. Some USA buyers might be intimidated by the importation process, and it does add to a USA buyer's costs. Nothing you can do about that though. I drove my first IIa home to Colorado from Ottawa ON and had a great time!

Mike S

"If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead."
            -- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

This was for sale here awhile ago, right? I don’t see it in your post history, but definitely remember the Canadian truck with the white doors because it was what I was after at the time.

Comment

Hi, thanks. So a reasonable ask, sort-of, but I won't likely get it on here. Yes, in the ups and downs of life a few years ago I briefly put it up for sale, then found a use for it. The reasons for selling it are piling-up now, so here we go again, and some great suggestions above (except re-painting the rad - okay, not a perfect match...).

Comment

Originally posted by Always a Rover View Post
                  Hi, thanks. So a reasonable ask, sort-of, but I won't likely get it on here. Yes, in the ups and downs of life a few years ago I briefly put it up for sale, then found a use for it. The reasons for selling it are piling-up now, so here we go again, and some great suggestions above (except re-painting the rad - okay, not a perfect match...).
                  Actually, repainting the radiator black is a good suggestion, as it was one of the things that really bothered me. It's also installed incorrectly. It's little details like that that make you wonder what else was done incorrectly (even if nothing else was done wrong, it makes you wonder).

Comment

Originally posted by RPGreg2600 View Post

Prices have gone up quite a bit in the last 3 years.
                    Fair point. But I'd still be surprised if mine managed to sell in the high $20's or even touch $30k. And I've since added a complete soft top.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sailor View Post

Fair point. But I'd still be surprised if mine managed to sell in the high $20's or even touch $30k. And I've since added a complete soft top.
                      I disagree. I think if it still looks as nice as it does in your photos, and you put it on BaT with a soft top, it would likely go for 30k+. Shiny blue soft top 88's seem to be the most popular on there. Doesn't mean I think it should really be worth that much!

Comment

Originally posted by RPGreg2600 View Post

Doesn't mean I think it should really be worth that much!
                        Sadly, I agree with you there, lol. Ain't selling anyway.

Comment

Hi - I haven't responded in a while, gonna look for some door bottoms....

Comment

Curious, did this sell? $25,000 was asking IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                            X