1971 exMOD 109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE: 1971 exMOD 109

Was an Ambulance, converted to 3 door civilian in UK. Original left hand drive. Bulkhead repaired, series 3 wings, Turner engineering motor, etc.

Very complete truck, all trim pieces, accessories, etc.

All brake system components replaced, clutch and flywheel replaced. 5 new 7.50 x 16 tires. Electronic distributor, new weber carb, Over drive, free wheeling front hubs, dual tank w/ valve and guage switchover, New upholstery, high back seats, 3 point inertia seat belts, have bronze green front apron if winch is removed, have bronze green tailgate and hardware if top and rear door are removed.

Runs great 60+mph with crap in roof rack, solid frame, could use rear crossmember replacement. Passed MD inspection (reason for stupid rear bumper and exhaust reroute and burned mud flap).

Not quite sure where to price. Most are restored or need restored. This is a nice driver, all straight panels etc. Could probably part out for $15k. Thinking low $20k area?

Have many more pics and videos of starting and acceleration from 50mph to 60mph etc.
    A Guy, A Girl, and A Cat, A Nautical Adventure
    www.caribbeansealife.com

More pics
    www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

A few more
      www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

Nice truck! Good luck with sale.

I think you may be at the bottom of the price range for a truck such as yours.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        '73 S3 88"
        '87 110 garden shed

Comment

PM me a link to pics that I can forward to an interested party

Comment

Not real tech savvy, but here is a link to 50+ pics and a few videos:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RvUWMwbHVhcWVB

I hope anyway
            www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

I like the faded, but have 2 pics of when I waxed it. Shine comes right back for about 6 months before having to wax again. Also note defender front door hinges and weather stripping, new door tops etc. If any wants to see 70mph on a 2.25 on a straight run, I may be able to pull that off, and prove it's not on a hill but may need hazard pay.
              www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

Really hard to find comps, so for rarity, price could probably go up. Not in it for best $, or would probably go bringatrailer.com. Really want her to continue to get driven as is. I guess I'll see what kind of offers I get.

If anyone want a very specific photo or video, just ask. Not looking to hide anything, hence rust photo in album.
                www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item

Yeah, maybe my price is low!
                  www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

Attached Files
                    www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

Bump, since the ad went live I've only had one person contact me, and that was only for the roof rack. Maybe spring is a better time?
                      www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

If it's any consolation, my neighbor saw it on Hemmings and told me about it.
                        gene
                        1960 109 w/ 200TDI
                        rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

1 ton chassis...

Comment

Maryland made you re-route the tail pipe to the back instead of the side? What's the logic there?

What makes you think it has series 3 fenders? It's a late 2a.

Looks like a pretty decent truck.
                            Last edited by RPGreg2600; 11-29-2022, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Yea, lots of military goodies. Dual belt pulleys, gusseted axles, oil cooler, heavy duty fan, blackout tail & brake lights, removable transmission crossmember, 2" lift from frame horns, etc.

The one on hemmings is the one I posted here for comparison. Feel mine was nicer for the same price.

Both wings are notched for power brake booster, and breakfast holes are a match for plastic grille, not metal. Just assumed that meant series 3 front sheet metal. Maryland laws for vehicles doesn't make nor has it ever made sense, but was nice it passed inspection.
                              www.caribbeansealife.com

Comment

Working...
                              X