My first car show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first car show!

My neighbor convinced me to get out of the house by entering a car show. I'm not a car guy, it was my first one. I wrote it up in my blog; https://poppageno.blogspot.com/2021/...-car-show.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8374.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	194320
    gene
    1960 109 w/ 200TDI
    rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Nice! Though I’m not a car show guy, when I do find myself at these events, I pretty much breeze by all the muscle cars and head toward the unique stuff. Fancy Camaros and Mustangs are a dime a dozen.
    —Mark

1973 SIII 109 regular w/2.5NA Diesel

When you’re dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you’re stupid.
    —Philippe Geluck

Comment

I was looking at the car next to mine and I discovered that we share a part. The striker pin for bonnet latch! It is also on a 62 Ford pickup. The catch plate is designed different and not interchangeable.
      gene
      1960 109 w/ 200TDI

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

I usually do three shows a year mostly to support the causes that benefit from the shows. I’m not a sit around on 150degree blacktop kind of guy.

Comment

I enjoy going to the local cruise-in in the neighboring town where I grew up. It's a chance to see and catch up with folks I know who I wouldn't normally see. Any money raised goes to a local charity. I suppose I am a car guy, I like walking around, checking them out and talking with their owners. The unrestored and restored to original cars and trucks are especially interesting.

Name:	Cruise In.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	194370
          Attached Files

Comment

Mike if my car looked like yours I'd probably want to do more car shows too.

The neighbor who signed me up was talking to me yesterday saying how I should get the dents taken out and a fresh paint job, put in a LS motor etc., for the next time. I cut him off and told him NOT to sign me up for any shows, that they are his thing not mine. He likes to manipulate people. He was living vicariously thru my rover at the show since he had his stroke he can't do what he wants and had to sell his stuff. He watches those TV car auctions all day from AZ. I couldn't care less.

I want to be able to drive through the sage or the brush and not worry about desert pinstriping.
            gene
            1960 109 w/ 200TDI

Comment

It took a lot of convincing before my friend who painted my truck would agree not to fix any dents or cover any spot welds or rivets. I told him no bodywork, sand and paint only. He made me promise not to tell anyone that he painted it.

Comment

I drove by a local weekly car meet with my youngest son on our way home from something. I drove by slowly, cuz I'm a sucker for Model A's and certain unmodified muscle cars. The guy at the gate waved me in like I was supposed to be there, dents and all. He said is was a relief to see someone using their classic car (mine had bales of hay in the back). I met a guy near his bone stock '48 MG TC, and we figured we were the only two with oil bath air filters. Until the guy in the late 50's Morgan showed up.

There were definitely multiple "cliques" talking to each other, and I tried to talk to everyone regardless. Most were very happy to see kids there. They reluctantly started and revved engines for my boy, who can be very convincing.

My boy won the 50/50 cash raffle prize of $91. He's 8, and he gave me five bucks for gas.

I haven't gone to any show on purpose yet, just by accident. I was invited to a cars and coffee at Heritage Museum on Cape Cod, which has an amazing car collection. I'll do that one with a buddy in a few weeks, and that might satisfy me for a while. Actually, they might not invite me back once they see the paint.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                '73 S3 88"
                '87 110 garden shed

Comment

RustCollector, I think you and the TC owner were the only two with oil bath air filters. In fact, most Morgans don't run air filters at all. :-)

Mark
                  1960 Series II SWB Station Wagon

Comment

Mark, I didn't know that! I wasn't able to see under the Morgan's hood.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    '73 S3 88"
                    '87 110 garden shed

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel View Post

I want to be able to drive through the sage or the brush and not worry about desert pinstriping.
                      I like not worrying about the paint too, that being said, I 'll be repainting the truck in a couple of weeks if the rain ever stops, but it will be a sand and spray 10 foot paint job. Not removing dents or filling anything, it's mostly just to get rid of the black mildew growing on the North facing side of the truck, the bleach isn't getting it out of the paint anymore. I liked the latest blog post btw, enertaining as always.
                      Visit my store to get your Rover T-Shirts!
                      Like us on FaceBook: Andy the Landy Store on Facebook
                      Protagonist of the YCHJCYA5DDTMMHF Club PM me for how to join

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help. ' "
                      Ronald Reagan

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                        RustCollector, I think you and the TC owner were the only two with oil bath air filters. In fact, most Morgans don't run air filters at all. :-)

Mark
                        Hello from Brisbane.

This one didn't have oil bath cleaners, but that's likely not the usual engine either.

Name:	IMG_2682.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	194546

Name:	IMG_2685.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	194545

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by loose gravel View Post
                          Mike if my car looked like yours I'd probably want to do more car shows too.

The neighbor who signed me up was talking to me yesterday saying how I should get the dents taken out and a fresh paint job, put in a LS motor etc., for the next time. I cut him off and told him NOT to sign me up for any shows, that they are his thing not mine. He likes to manipulate people. He was living vicariously thru my rover at the show since he had his stroke he can't do what he wants and had to sell his stuff. He watches those TV car auctions all day from AZ. I couldn't care less.

Gene,

Good on you for having a go.

I'm sure your truck drew a fair bit of interest - it would have from me anyway.

Name:	IMG_3181.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	194548

Here's some patina for you.

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Thanks all!

gene
                            gene
                            1960 109 w/ 200TDI

Comment

Working...
                            X