Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64osby
    replied
    People went to Metal Dash, and all I got was a tee shirt!

JK Based on the pics and comments, it looked like a nice meet.

I did order a shirt and it was delivered today. Thank you Dave!

Living vicariously as I put a new frame under my project.

Leave a comment:

• sjsst41
    replied
    I definitely had a great weekend too, but did succumb to mechanical woes early Saturday morning, when headed out for a coffee and auto parts (long story) my rovers motor started making a significant ticking noise - like a tappet adjuster backed off - I headed back to camp, pulled the valve cover & found a pair of broken valve springs. It just so happens I installed a rebuilt head about a month ago (unleaded) and these springs were new that came with the kit I purchased. I estimate I only have about 100 miles on this head. Strange and disappointing, but made the best of it and rode shotgun for the rest of the weekend.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• barnfind88
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	989BD053-CC0D-4457-B595-01DA85B07A42.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	196174 Click image for larger version

Name:	AC0AE934-4164-4C78-9FDA-6D75F93E1B7B.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	196173What a great weekend as always! I made it up for the first time since 2010, albeit a bit late. We left early Saturday morning in the 109 and made it about 30 miles or so, on time to meet up with Aaron and Liam in Mansfield, CT. Slowing down for an upcoming turn, the first pump of the brakes was good, started slowing down on the second pump, and the third pump was greeted with the familiar “whoosh” and loss of pedal pressure. No more brakes, awesome. I tell Aaron to go on without us, we fix up the rusty line at the nearest auto store and as we’re bleeding the rear I can see fluid also now leaking from the front hard line descending to the lower wheel cylinder, even better. I get the truck home and not giving up yet we Beverly Hillbillies pack up the 88 and hit the road. We caught up to everyone at the Apple orchard and back at camp. It was so great to see everyone and finally put some faces with names. Don and Mike are excellent hosts as are everyone that contributes to the event! Already looking forward to next year!

Leave a comment:

• Bioheat
    replied
    Originally posted by BKP17 View Post
    Couldn't make it this year but curious as to what the final count of Rovers and Attendees actually was
    Hopefully I'll make it next year
    Well let's see, there were 16 that I counted on the green lane, about 10 that stayed in the upper field during the ride, then in the camping area there were maybe 10-12 trucks down there, it wasn't a bad turn out.

Leave a comment:

• Halfton
    replied
    Originally posted by BKP17 View Post
    Couldn't make it this year but curious as to what the final count of Rovers and Attendees actually was
    How long ago was the last time you and I drove to Metal Dash? We will have to make a pact to take either your or my Rover next year!

Leave a comment:

• rover03
    replied
    Originally posted by SalemRover View Post
    The halfshaft that broke was not from the Perentie.
    You had to go there didn't you? You know that was a 50 year old piece of metal? It couldn't have anything to do with my technique.

It really was a ball. A heartfelt thanks to you for the help with the expedient field repair, as well as Mike, Seth and Steve and to Bob who had the spare axle, as mine was sitting comfortably on a shelf at home! And a BIG thanks for the tug off of the trail from Mike Kenney in his "Indestructo-Rover."

Here are the only pics I managed to take that weren't blurry.

Name:	AMD2021_1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	196117 Click image for larger version

Name:	AMD2021_2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	196112 Saturday Morning

Name:	AMD2021_3a.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	196115 Click image for larger version

Name:	AMD2021_3b.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	196116 Saturday Afternoon

Name:	AMD2021_4.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	196114 Saturday night, put back together and ready for the drive home.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BKP17
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SalemRover
    replied
    There was a rare 2 door Range Rover. 1973 w/LT95 in it. Never seen one and was so enamored I briefly entertained trying to source one before coming to my senses. The Bowler was pretty crazy as was the Fiat powered 2A. Sounded like a Suzuki when it fired up. The halfshaft that broke was not from the Perentie. I replaced that hot mess of a front diff some time ago. Almost got stuck in mud that was up to the sills on one side of the Perentie but made it through just fine. It was absolutely fantastic to get out and kick tires and hear peoples stories. The Rangie has 5 large caliber bullet holes behind one of the rear quater panels that it may have picked up from North Africa. Did I mention it was LHD? Red Rover engineering makes some really nice stuff! Shame I am rather poor these days, but I still have the Perentie and that is more than enough to keep me happy. Don's barn is empty now so the parts pile is only what you bring.

Leave a comment:

• Bioheat
    replied
    I've been there when we've had up tp 50 trucks

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Looks to have been a great time. Someday will have to try and attend.

I've never seen more than three Rovers together.

Leave a comment:

• SalemRover
    replied
    Photo Journal of my Massachusetts misadventures. Loved every broken bit of it. https://photos.app.goo.gl/5biaotWswkop7jvc6

Leave a comment:

• Bioheat
    replied
    The answer I wanted to hear, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• swbseries
    replied
    Originally posted by Bioheat View Post

If I may ask who do the profits benefit? Just curious.
    The proceeds go to Don to help cover the cost of the event.

Leave a comment:

• Bioheat
    replied
    Originally posted by swbseries View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Metal Dash Weekend has its own Instagram account now.

We'll post any updates and include photos and videos throughout the weekend for those that want to follow the event.

@metaldashweekend

https://www.instagram.com/metaldashweekend

We'll have T-Shirts for sale at the event this year. And a limited amount of stickers for attendees.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.
    If I may ask who do the profits benefit? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Having a Rover in pieces and being from Michigan, is there any chance of getting a t shirt mailed to me?

I like the one in the second picture.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X