• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Rovers 75th - Greek Peak Diamond Jubilee

Celebrate Land Rover’s Diamond Jubilee, June 14-18, 2023

https://www.anarc.club/?fbclid=IwAR3...XzLd9qlgiskmn8
    Series 3 88 Soft Top 2.5 NA Diesel
    Ex-MOD 110 Tdi

Went to the 50th and am looking forward to this one as well!

Comment

Holy smokes. I thought the last one was one of those "never again" affairs. Lol
      -Matt
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I was at the 50th also. It was my first Rover rally. I’ve learned a few things since then.

Comment

I would like to go but at over 500 miles one way I'm not sure it is doable.
          Jim
          64 88 2.5 NAD 2a What would I do with all my spare time if I didn't own a Rover?

Comment

There needs to be more than 1 event around the Country.
            gene
            1960 109 w/ 200TDI
            rebuild blog; http://poppageno.blogspot.com/

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals for the same reason you don't see psychics winning the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by series guy View Post
              I was at the 50th also. It was my first Rover rally. I’ve learned a few things since then.

It was my first and last aside from the Guy Fawkes rallys. I guess I learned that I don't like big Rover rallys...
              -Matt
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Forester View Post
                Jim
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221016-102854~2.png
Views:	307
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	206736

You'll have a newly sorted transmission and rebuilt engine by then though. If you split it up and took a week and did some of the parks or historical sites along the way it could be a good time.
                -Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Forester View Post
                  Jim
                  I'm about 600 miles away. Probably would be a hard sell to my better half to attend. If mine is in one piece (lots of work still to go) and I could attend I would probably trailer it to the event.

It is a once in lifetime occasion.
                  Phone or Drive, Not Both. Stop driving distracted.

Comment

I was at the 50th as well. Drove up in “Green Hell,” my ‘72 SIII 88”. It was July so I left the door tops at home and packed for warm weather. That was a big mistake and I froze my arse off in the mountains through PA and NY. Arrived at a decent enough hour to buy a sweatshirt from the OVLR gang. That was a fun event and there was a desire to do more, but there were some financial issues that prevented it. As well as some issues with local property owners. Big highlights from that event include learning some new profanity one night when Nancy Denis stubbed her toe on a spare diff laying in the grass. And when Robert Davis’ friend (retired-Navy Seal, anger-management school candidate) responded to our potato canon volleys passing over his tent by threatening us and calling us “dick-nibblers.’” Jon Humphries (RIP) couldn’t resist the bait and mumbled an appropriate response. The guy launched a beach chair into our campfire but it missed the fire pit and bounced off Mike (also RIP) Loiodice’s GF. She was a NYS corrections officer and we almost had to physically hold her back from engaging with Mr. Navy Seal. Lots of other fun recollections. This will be a good event and probably less shenanigans since we’re all a quarter century older.
                    Last edited by ren ching; 10-26-2022, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorker View Post
                      Holy smokes. I thought the last one was one of those "never again" affairs. Lol
                      Pretty much. As the organizer of the last one, it 'cured' me of ever wanting to do it again....
                      “… of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants.” — Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers, #1

Comment

I'm going to drive up from Florida with my NADA (towing). finally getting to the point in life where I can take off to do some of those NE events I've always just read about.
                        1967 NADA 109 #768
                        1974 Jeep CJ-6
                        1976 Toyota FJ-40

Link to my 109 Project Blog: https://plus.google.com/collection/opYIfB
                        Instagram: Armor Manufacturing

Comment

Originally posted by 72Rover View Post

Pretty much. As the organizer of the last one, it 'cured' me of ever wanting to do it again....
                          Hey pat yourself on the back for a job well done! The 50th was a wonderful event and folks had so much fun they want to see it happen again!

Comment

The 50th was a lot of fun for sure. My wife and I drove out in my 88", visited some friends just north of Syracuse after it before heading home.
                            I met a lot of other owners I only knew from the early internet days on some of the forums.
                            I also don't enjoy some of the larger events any longer. I prefer smaller groups, friends and other long time rover acquaintances.
                            The majority of the vehicles are newer now, the owners are different. Not bad, just different.
                            Back then my Hella 4000 pencil beams mounted on my roof rack seemed to go on for miles in the dark of upstate...

Comment

Just got my ticket. Group of us driving out from Minnesota in series. I’ll be in my 1964 109. Adding a series 1 to the group in Wisconsin so no excuses from anyone east of the Mississippi that it’s to far!

Can’t let the new trucks have all fun. Like a comet, the event only comes around once every 25 years. Make it happen!

Comment

Working...
                              X