1st Annual Downeast Rover Club Icy Jewels Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whatroad View Post
    Well,....3 years later.... planning on another run in Jan of 2021. Anyone up for the run, give a shout. There are 4 of us already going, and a bit more off road this time. Watch for updates if you’re interested.

- Galen, you need to do this.
    I am interested and have a somewhat reliable rover with a winch. Where can I get more details?
    1989 Land Rover 110 Perentie GS ( 3.9 4BD1 / LT95a )

Comment

Well,....3 years later.... planning on another run in Jan of 2021. Anyone up for the run, give a shout. There are 4 of us already going, and a bit more off road this time. Watch for updates if you’re interested.

Do tell. and since when are "reliable" rovers a prerequisite to ADVENTURE?!
      1969 Marine Blue Bugeye

Comment

I do. Might have to wait a year till I get my head back from the shop and warmer gear!
        '59 SII 88"

Comment

Originally posted by rover03 View Post
          Do tell. and since when are "reliable" rovers a prerequisite to ADVENTURE?!
          They are not. I am just trying to not jinx myself. ; )

Comment

This sounds awesome, I’m interested too if there can be information shared. It’d be nice to break out the cold weather gear, it’s been far too long since I’ve put on frozen boots 😊

Comment

I have to say that I don't think I can make it sadly. This is one trip I really did want to do, but it's not a good time right now for me. I wish you the best on the trip and sorry that I cannot go. Safe travels!

Comment

Apologies for it being a quick post etc without any follow up. We were not planning on doing it with COVID but at the very last minute just left.

Stay tuned though as a trip is being planned for late summer, early fall. A Jeep club here used to do this run called” willys wanderings” and it was only flatfenders that explored a certain trail system ( a series will have zero issues) for a weekend. It was a great time. So looking to put something together with only series trucks and keep it limited to 10 rigs. I’ll be posting up shortly.

Again , apologies about the lack of info and follow up on the icy jewels run . There is an Icy Jewels 3 run already planned and working on the route now.

Comment

whatroad do you plan on doing this during winter 2021/22?

I went up 3x this spring and I'd like to go in December, but would also go in January if people are headed up.

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteRover View Post
                    whatroad do you plan on doing this during winter 2021/22?

I went up 3x this spring and I'd like to go in December, but would also go in January if people are headed up.
                    Looking to start planning for this coming Jan (2023). I have a few ideas for destinations but want to see how many would be interested in a trip like this.

Comment

Looking to start planning for this coming Jan (2023). I have a few ideas for destinations but want to see how many would be interested in a trip like this.
                      Yes, I'm interested. Maybe I can test my Rover 'Arctic Heater'.

Comment

Working...
                      X