windhsield washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windhsield washer

I have the windshield washer motor, the tubes go to the sprayers under the windshield, but I don't see a switch for them on the inside of the cab.

I don't see anything that's blatantly obvious to operate the washer, any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'll be posting another oddball question in a few that may be related.

Thanks

Mitch

77 Series 3 88

Hi Mitch
    Pretty sure that switch back should be a round one and either push or twist to operate the washers
    I recall it being located up on the instrument panel top left...
    but its been years since I had a series lll

LOWER LEFT CORNER
    Last edited by BKP17; 09-27-2019, 01:20 AM.
    Steve

1964 Series IIa In progress
    1968 S IIa (Sold)
    1972 S III (Sold)
    1996 Discovery SE-7 (Sold)
    1985 J**p CJ-7 (For Sale)

Comment

Ok, thanks, I'll play around with twisting switches when I get home.

Comment

Twisting the switch with the round know should turn the wipers on. Pushing the knob should activate the washers.

Comment

I see my confusion why the windshield washer doesn't work, I have the wrong switch for the wiper/washer. Looking on RN there's an appropriate looking 2 speed switch, PLE809A, at least I know now. Attached is a picture of my current windshield wiper switch. Crazy, I know.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mitchone423 View Post
            I see my confusion why the windshield washer doesn't work, I have the wrong switch for the wiper/washer. Looking on RN there's an appropriate looking 2 speed switch, PLE809A, at least I know now. Attached is a picture of my current windshield wiper switch. Crazy, I know.
            Whatever you do, do not buy the current production Lucas OE type switch. Current ones are 1) big $$ and 2) absolute crap.... Ask me how I know.

After a bit of research, I found a quality modern replacement that functions as original. The only issues are the threaded portion of the switch body is slightly smaller in diameter than OE and the knob is different. The diameter doesn't matter and a quick shot of black trim paint makes the modern knob passable. If you are a rivet counter, you could adapt the OE knob to the new part's shaft.

Here is the switch I used. You can find them elsewhere, but these folks pricing is fair and they were very helpful to some weirdo bothering them for help with his old Series.... You want 'dynamic parking'.

https://www.amequipment.com/shop/twi...d-wiper-motors
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            '72 Series III 88"
            '85 d90 2.5NA
            '74 TR6

Comment

Ahhh...I just did a search on the PN in your post. Funny RN is now offering the same switch. I had actually emailed RN about this replacement after I had my experience with the OE.
              sigpic
              '72 Series III 88"
              '85 d90 2.5NA
              '74 TR6

Comment

Originally posted by pitchrollyaw View Post
                Here is the switch I used. You can find them elsewhere, but these folks pricing is fair and they were very helpful to some weirdo bothering them for help with his old Series.... You want 'dynamic parking'.

https://www.amequipment.com/shop/twi...d-wiper-motors
                Good to know.... Now does anyone have a crossover for the ANCo washer pump? I looked at several hundred different applications on the ANCo site, but couldn't find a dulicate - or even something similar. The pump still works, the little rubber vanes are all there, but it doesn't pump...unless greased up with a water-soluble lubricant (like KY) - and then it works. Once....
                “… of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants.” — Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers, #1

Comment

Try the flavored ky
                  "Really not brag'n...just brag'n...I've done 3000 brag'n miles in 11 brag'n days in a brag'n series and never once stopped brag'n. Absolutely the best brag'n I've ever done"

Comment

Originally posted by scott View Post
                    Try the flavored ky
                    What's the part #?
                    -Matt
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. ---Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Yorker View Post
                      What's the part #?
                      1-900-lubedup
                      - Rover Owner

Comment

Originally posted by 72Rover View Post
                        Good to know.... Now does anyone have a crossover for the ANCo washer pump? I looked at several hundred different applications on the ANCo site, but couldn't find a dulicate - or even something similar. The pump still works, the little rubber vanes are all there, but it doesn't pump...unless greased up with a water-soluble lubricant (like KY) - and then it works. Once....
                        Funny...

Back on topic: I went through the same search and finally just installed a new reservoir with integrated pump from AME. I used the smallest one. Still soft searching for a new pump for my original bottle, but not my top priority.
                        sigpic
                        '72 Series III 88"
                        '85 d90 2.5NA
                        '74 TR6

Comment

Working...
                        X