Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HybridIIA
    replied
    Hinges will definitely rub/contact the stock headliner when closed... but mine has been in service for nearly 20 years without issues this way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	197670

Leave a comment:

• Paul D
    replied
    I wanted to confirm the bracket fit is that tight; my hinges will also rub.
    Yeah, the hinge brackets were a very tight fit. It took a bit of abuse with a rubber mallet to work them in to place.

Leave a comment:

• Paul D
    replied
    The gas struts look like a very useful upgrade.
    Yes, much more convenient that fiddling with those props and it was a fairly simple upgrade. All stock NAPA parts.

Leave a comment:

• S3ute
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul D View Post

Name:	LG 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	197601 Click image for larger version

Name:	LG 1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	197602
    Hello from Brisbane.

The gas struts look like a very useful upgrade.

Cheers,

Neil

Leave a comment:

• series guy
    replied
    You are really not far off as the bracket sits inside the rear channel. Try sliding it in from the side. If you have a trim panel above the rear opening and windows that will have to come out.

Leave a comment:

• worldofinflation
    replied
    Thank you, Paul. I appreciate it.

I wanted to confirm the bracket fit is that tight; my hinges will also rub.

Leave a comment:

• Paul D
    replied

Name:	LG 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	197601 Click image for larger version

Name:	LG 1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	197602

Leave a comment:

• worldofinflation
    replied
    Anyone with a catflap + headliner mind posting a photo of your inside bracket setup? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• 64osby
    replied
    Will there be a cable or strap to the tailgate. If yes, might bring the cable on the inside of the box and up to the cable / strap. Attached to the cable / strap then to the light. The wire would be permanent and not interfere with the gate operation.

Leave a comment:

• S3ute
    replied
    Originally posted by Forester View Post
    What about installing a small disconnect in the wiring which would allow you to unplug the harness when you want to swing the tailgate?
    Jim
    Hello again.

Yes, I thought about that at the time - it would work but could be a bit fiddly to organise each time that you open the gate. If there was enough clearance along the tailgate base to run a cable without interfering with the dust seal I’d probably go that route.

One issue with a ute cab - my configuration - is that you don’t generally use the tailgate as much as you do with a hardtop or soft top. The adaptor hinges are pretty expensive once you factor in the shipping charges which was one of the reasons I put them on the back burner.

Cheers,

Neil

Leave a comment:

• Forester
    replied
    What about installing a small disconnect in the wiring which would allow you to unplug the harness when you want to swing the tailgate?
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• S3ute
    replied
    Originally posted by Forester View Post
    I have the hinges from Purely Metal and they are really nice. He also builds a hood stick set that looks super nice as well.
    Jim
    Hello again.

That’s interesting - glad to hear that you are pleased with them.

I was in contact with the company a couple of years back with an aim of getting a set for my 88”. Didn’t proceed at the time because the shipping made them expensive and I had higher priorities. Had been recently thinking of reactivating that interest.

One small issue for fitting the two way to an Australian assembled truck is the location of the number plate assembly on the tailgate. The lamp wiring usually comes up from under the rear crossmember and then follows the central rib to the plate lamp. That would have to be routed from the lower right side to get the two way articulation and would likely foul the bottom seal or have to be manually shoved back into place after the tailgate has been opened and closed.

I’ll give it some more thought.

Cheers,

Neil

Leave a comment:

• Forester
    replied
    I have the hinges from Purely Metal and they are really nice. He also builds a hood stick set that looks super nice as well.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• S3ute
    replied
    Originally posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    Cool for the tailgate but I think this is for the upper hatch.
    However, if you can find info on it please pass it along.
    Yes I realised that the interest was in the upper cat flap but figured that a good bit of the convenience of a wagon door was not having to lean or reach across the bottom panel.

Info on the two way adaptor is here:

http://www.purelymetal.co.uk/products/

Cheers,

Neil
    Last edited by S3ute; 09-13-2021, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• I Leak Oil
    replied
    Cool for the tailgate but I think this is for the upper hatch.
    However, if you can find info on it please pass it along.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X